George Carlin on aging!
*Lovely Sunday Read*
George Carlin’s Views on Aging –
*HOW TO STAY YOUNG*
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends – who make smile – laugh . The grouches pull you down – better keep them away.
3. Keep learning New things. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, music, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s family name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things in Life. Take time out to smell Roses.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help. Or gracefully accept the inevitable and LIVE LIFE KING SIZE.
9. Forget the past. No regrets – NO guilt. Don’t take guilt trips. Enjoy the present. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND, ALWAYS REMEMBER:
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away”
And, if you don’t send this to at least 8 people – who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!
“Life’s journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally used up and worn out, shouting
‘…man, what a ride!’
*WISH YOU BEST OF EVERYTHING*