Skip to content
- 1509 Emperor Krishnadeva Raya is crowned, marking the beginning of the regeneration of the Vijayanagara Empire in Southern India
- 1609 Venetian senate examines Galileo Galilei‘s telescope
- 1786 US Congress adopts silver dollar & decimal system of money
- 1925 1st national march of Ku Klux Klan (200,000) in Washington, D.C.
- 1945 USSR establishes a communist government in North Korea
- 1974 US President Richard Nixon announces he will resign at 12pm the next day
- 1988 Ceasefire between Iran & Iraq takes effect after 8 years of war